Saturday, November 19, 2011

Addicted . . .

I am, and becoming more and more addicted textures and all of the different variations using the same photo, same texture, different combinations of blending modes, percentages of opacity . . . amazing!

Nancy Donaldson introduced me to using textures via an internet art group, and provided the first texture used in my introduction.  The texture has become a favorite, "ecaustic background" which I have used in both renderings below and a new texture she created, which is a combination of several of her newer textures, "W3_6W" (go figure). 


Above is an example of the same photo, using the same textures and adding just a different gradient tool . . .the photo at the top is in hues of light oranges, greens and yellows, and the bottom photo is with the gradient tool in hues of soft pinks, yellow and green with a tad bit of purple. (The photo used in this example was a download from "stock-xchng".)

ONE MORE, before I bore you to tears, is a composite piece of several photographs that I did for an "Advent Calendar Challenge" (still don't know if what I did fits the challenge).  
There again, same composite, same texture, just set on different blending modes . . . 

I am grateful to the women that I have met via the internet who so willingly share their talent and their knowledge; the quote below I hope expresses my many thanks . . .

“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
Ruth Reichl