Sunday, December 04, 2011

Texture Challenge hosted by Nancy Donaldson

Nancy Donaldson at all pulped out created 6 magnificent textures from her recent visit to the auto mechanic and has challenged our creativity to create renderings using her great textures!

I choose to use photos' from my recent trip to downtown Santa Fe, primarily because I never cease to be amazed by the town I grew up in and live in.

Museum I/Pueblo Style
Museum II/Pueblo Style
West San Francisco St/Territorial Style
St Francis Cathedral/East San Francisco St
Shopping Mecca
Santa Fe, has a population of 70,000 and has retained a "small town" atmosphere on many levels, yet is a town of many contradictions with its museums, opera, arts, tri-culture and shopping!  

The photos' above were all taken with in a one block radius of the center of town, the Plaza.
The Plaza (Original Photo: JM Hill, 2006)
Founded in 1609, Santa Fe is the second oldest city in the United States and the plaza has been the center of town since 1610, which was the end of the Old Santa Fe Trail.

Again my many thanks to Nancy for her contribution to my ever-growing obsession, and thank you for stopping by . . . .