Monday, March 26, 2012

post no bill! texture challenge

Nancy Donaldson at all pulped out has created eight new spectacular textures from photographing billboards and has invited us play with her!

I have had a couple of weeks to play, and had a pile of rendered photos to make my decision from; this morning I saw that my dwarf, red leaf peach was starting to pop and much like the apricots, I loaded up my camera with photos of the additional signs of spring!   Chose to go with the newly rendered peach blossom photos, except for SkyScape . . .
Peach Blossoms I/Billboard Textures 1 & 7 with Gradient Map
Peach Blossoms II/Billboard textures 6 & 3, with color fill
SkyScape/Billboard textures 2 & 3 with levels adjustment
Nancy is a multifaceted artist; not only in photography and photo rendering, but also encaustic, jewelry, the woven arts and paper making and is very generous in sharing her love of the arts! 

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.Ralph Waldo Emerson