Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 45 ~Sweet Escape~


52 Photos Project

Bella's prompt this week is so fitting because I've been obsessing and making reservations for my sweet escape, except my sun, sand and sea won't be till August! 

For the past four years, we have taken R&R in Florida.  I know, I know, FLORIDA IN AUGUST!!!  It's perfect though; no crowds, we are right on the gulf where the breeze keeps us cool in the day, and the air conditioning keeps us cool at night!  While only a five night trip, it truly is R&R in a little bungalow on the gulf with a private beach!  

The days are simple: 1) stroll the beach at sunrise, look for shells; 2) sitting on the beach reading, swimming, cooling off in the water; 3) heading back up to the bungalow early afternoon to snack a little, read, nap; 4) start cleaning-up around four to head into town for an early dinner and maybe a little retail therapy; 5) back to stroll the beach, watch the sunset;  6) head up to the bungalow as it starts getting dark, to visit, read and tuck in early for the next day's sunrise stroll on the beach.

Four magnificent days and five nightes of total nothingness!


The photographs above were taken at our hideaway in Florida . . . the clouds, the gulf, the boardwalk from our bungalow to the beach, the flora and of course "Percy", the snowy egret, who snacks with us and keeps us company.

Until August . . . 
Self Portrait
(Rendered with various recipes for giving photos' a painterly effect; I had fun playing and practicing and will probably forget what I did this time next week!)

“A real friend is someone who takes a winter vacation on a sun-drenched beach and does not send a card.”  Farmer’s Almanac
_____________________________________________________________________

The button below is from Ashley Sisk, who I agree with and decided to help spread the word.
 ". . .  I try to visit a lot of blogs and it takes too long trying to spell out weird words. Most times I have no clue what the letters are – which means I have to type in words more than once...especially now that part of the captcha is blurred out." Ashley Sisk