Thursday, July 05, 2012

Photo Art Friday/July 6th-8th ~ Architectural Edition

Bonnie's prompt this week is to post photo art that in someway relates to architecture.

 My first thought was to use photos of our 'pueblo style' architecture
that is so familiar to those who have visited north central New Mexico.

It is a beautiful style of architecture, but today I was in a 'seen one, seen um all' state of mind.
Instead I chose to post photos that I took looking down on the scenes of Florence.



It was an early, cool and cloudy morning when I took these shots,
but as I looked across at the sites of Florence it was magnificent! 
All the varying styles of architecture,
dating back centuries and centuries, all melding together!

I was inspired!

(I was also inspired by Bonnie's texture "Mauve Threads", which is used on all three captures.
Vivid light@100% and masked out what I wanted to draw your eye to.)

In Paris, you learn wit, in London you learn to crush your social rivals,
and in Florence you learn poise.” Virgil Thomson


Photo Art Friday