Monday, February 20, 2012

Texture Challenge

Nancy Donaldson at all pulped out has once again created several magnificent encaustic textures and is challenging us to push our creativity and play with her!  Nancy is a fantastic artist and has a broad interest in many types of art; if you have the opportunity, I encourage you to visit her site.

Gerbera Daisey/Encaustic textures 2, 4 and 5 with levels adjustment and gradient map.
The gerbera daisies were sorta wilted; a hold over from Valentine's Day and shop, or I should say grocery store worn!   Was thankful for Nancy's textures, which brought them back to life.

I've not really had the opportunity over the past month to hang out with my DSLR, so I've been depending on my phone camera.  While fun . . . it really is not nearly as expressive as a "real camera"!  

Can't remember, but I think the ground hog saw his shadow, which means more winter.  Our winter hasn't been harsh, we have had some magnificent snowfalls and fairly warm weather . . . but I'm ready for spring to spring into action.

“Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"" Robin Williams

Spring Dawn
OFF TOPIC:  This is my rendering of one of the photos provided by the Yahoo Group DigitalNuts for their challenge this week; maybe this is why my mind keeps wandering off into spring!