Friday, October 21, 2011

Love fruit . . .

In my quest for photos of pumpkins, I seemed to have stockpiled quite a few photos of various fruits so now I can play and create a few fruit renderings, using lots and lots of textures!  This is what I accomplished this evening . . . . pomegranates, my most favorite, since childhood, and messiest of fruits . . . although ripe, juicy mangoes can be pretty messy too!
Pomegranate Still Life
When I was on my quest for fruit photos, it was for apples for the "raven sculptures", but last weekend, playing around with my store of fruit photos, I created a still life of pears . . . so truly, below was my first attempt of a still life.
Pear Still Life
I have a great photo of a pumpkin and pumpkin meat with seeds, I'll see what I can accomplish with that later!

Tonight I spent part of the evening with my sister and her little 9 month old granddaughter;  Sierra was born at 27 weeks, and I give thanks that she is a healthy, whole and beautiful little girl and that she is such an integral part of my sister's life.

Thought for the day:  There is always, always, something to be thankful for!