Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Texture Thursday

I know the photos below are about as interesting as mud but there is a reason for posting the tight little buds on my split leaf lilac . . . 'cause I love them and can hardly wait for them to bloom.

The split leaf lilac is light and airy, does not grow very large, and while they act as a screen, they doesn't act as a barrier.  I planted two at the edge of the parking apron and they are a joy to me.










I love standing at my kitchen sink and looking at the bushes out window;
marvelous in bloom and lovely when not in bloom!  

Split Leaf Lilac in Bloom







Santa Fe was at one time called the "City of Lilacs"; things change and many of the old lilacs are no longer here.  And while I may only have two "split leaf" lilacs, I am surrounded by more traditional lilacs planted throughout the yard, and they will soon be in bloom too!

"Still grows the vivacious lilac a generation after the door and lintel and the sill are gone, unfolding its sweet-scented flowers each spring, . . ." Henry David Thoreau