Saturday, July 14, 2012

Your Sunday Best #26 ~ For the Birds

There is a bird family that has set up house in the ventilation pipe at the house next door
A momma bird, a poppa bird and baby birds;
which I haven't seen yet this summer.



My 'family' has lots of company this year and when I went out at 6am to water,
I was told in no uncertain terms,not only by the my resident birds, that I was an interloper
disturbing their breakfast time, but also by every bird in the neighborhood!

You see, my apricot tree is loaded this year
and the birds are lovin' it!



But other than the scolding and constant chattering,
they waited patiently for me to finish my chores before continuing their meal!

  
“You must not know too much or be too precise or scientific about birds and trees and flowers and watercraft; a certain free-margin, and even vagueness - ignorance, credulity -
helps your enjoyment of these things.” Thoreau

Addendum to this morning's post:
The weight of a gazillion apricots had it's toll on the 50+ year old tree
and late this afternoon a large limb from the top gave out from under the weght
and on it's way down tore off an additional branch.

Breaks my heart.
Have a tree man is coming tomorrow
and hopefully he knows all the tricks
to keep the tree from becoming infested and/or diseased. 

AND, there is always something to be grateful for
the lower limb that was torn, broke the fall of the big limb,
so it landed with minimal damage.
A few broken succulent pots, but the glass table top it landed on was not harmed.